28. Mack's Sanitary Barber Shop

This small building next to the site of Allen's Tavern once housed Mack's Barber Shop. It opened in 1935 and was managed by Claude Mack, until his death in 1966. His nephew, William "Billy" Mack, took over until illness forced him to close his shop in 1971. Another nephew, James Mack, worked at this establishment before opening his own barbershop on John Street.